Hand rolls (temaki sushi) are another kind of sushi that you can easily make at home. They are a rolled cone of seaweed (nori) with filling and rice inside. It takes some practice to make a hand roll correctly. The directions below are a simple way to make small, bite-sized hand rolls.
Hand Roll Directions
1. Cut a piece of seaweed paper (nori) into four equally-sized squares.
2. Take one of the squares and hold it at a diagonal (diamond shape) in the palm of a hand.
3. Add rice to the middle of the diamond shaped seaweed.
4. Add filling on top of the rice.
5. Begin rolling the seaweed paper with your thumb towards the middle.
6. Continue rolling after the seaweed touches filling and rice to round out the cone.
7. Put the completed hand roll on a platter for serving.